Suggestions

Discussions in English

Re: Suggestions

Postby cattylonglegs » 04 Dec 2012, 17:55

This is not a suggestion but I have never used one of these Forums before and I don't know where else to ask this question. I have also never played Tetris and am new to Doptrix, so I really do not even understand the basic concept of what is happening with the game. The basic Demo at the beginning shows what to do but gives no explanation of why anything is happening or what the player is supposed to do in response. I have an idea that those 4 open boxes in the bottom box play some role because they have caused the white boxes to change configuration, but I don't know why. It is also obvious that then the white boxes hit the boxes on the upper section they move around, but I don't know how or why or what I am trying to accomplish. Understand that I am having fun playing with it, but it is so random that I wish I knew what was going on. I have been exploring the internet looking for an explanation of the game but have found none, not even on your website. My fear is that those of us born after a certain date were not given certain genetic codes allowing us to fully comprehend some of these concepts and require unreasonable explanation. Be patient with the Senior population. Thanks
cattylonglegs

Re: Suggestions

Postby doptrix » 06 Dec 2012, 17:07

Those 4 white boxes form a shape or a tetromino:

You launch this shape from the bottom field into the upper main game field. The shape should hit any white box on the upper field, otherwise it'll fly through and you lose points. Also the shape should not stick out of the field, or the game will be over.
The goal of the game is to build complete lines (horizontal or vertical) with white boxes. When you complete a line, it disappears, clearing the space for new shapes.

In original Tetris you can control shapes (move and rotate) and that's it. While in Doptrix you control both the shapes and the game field, which makes the game much more complex and interesting.

Sorry, my English is not very good, I wish I could explain better : )
doptrix
Site Admin

Previous

Return to ENGLISH FORUM